Discovery™ MI Gen 2 PET/CT System Overview
Digital detection, remastered
Discovery MI Gen 2 is engineered to deliver
What does one more detector ring give you? A whole lot.
A whole new way to scan1
See precisely what you need to see
Plan on making an entrance by leaving the room
Clear the way for clear images
Accurate data points to trusted treatment
A new generation of digital PET
- Discovery MI Gen 2 30 cm configuration with WB Dynamic IQ Protocol is CE marked. It is 510(k) pending at U.S. FDA. Not available for sale in the U.S.
- As demonstrated in a clinical evaluation consisting of 60 cases and seven physicians, where each case was reconstructed with both DLIR and ASiR-V™ and evaluated by three of the physicians. In 90 percent of the reads, DLIR’s noise texture was rated better than ASiR-V’s. In 99 percent of the reads, DLIR’s image sharpness was rated the same as or better than ASiR-V’s.
- Discovery MI Gen 2 (25 cm AFOV) has the highest NEMA sensitivity and peak NECR (up to 20 kBq/ml) in the market, comparing with common PET/CT systems with same or similar AFOV (based on IMV’s Medical Information Division’s 2019 report as the manufacturers representing more than 90 percent of the U.S. Installed Base).
- With Discovery MI Gen 2 30 cm configuration compared to 25 cm configuration. 33% reduction in scan time or injected dose, as shown in phantom testing. 30 cm configuration is CE marked, but 510(k) pending at U.S. FDA. Not available for sale in the U.S.
- Whole-body Dynamic IQ Protocol enhances acquisitions currently limited to single FOV dynamic acquisition or manual prescription of multiple whole-body static scans.
- Processing software is needed for diagnostic purposes.
- As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model and OSEM reconstruction. Quantitative accuracy improvements are based on SUVmean.
- Compared to non-processed (STATIC, no motion correction) data. As demonstrated in phantom testing using a typical and fast respiratory model, 18 mm GE-68 spheres and OSEM reconstruction.
- Based on clinical practice at University Hospital Zurich, using 5-Ring PET/CT with MotionFree and RPM. These results are for illustrative purposes only and represent specific customer experiences; actual results could vary depending on clinical practice and circumstances.